On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 04:58:42PM +0200, Wouter Cloetens wrote:
> We assume that a DynDNS-style approach simply will never scale for
> every IPv6 address in the home, and therefore the home router has to
> be authoritative, handling the requests.

If I may ask, why do you make that assumption?  I assure you that Dyn
is running some very large zones with high change rates.  Now, it
might be that nobody would be willing to pay for such a service at the
rate Dyn would charge to make this profitable, assuming large numbers
of records and a high rate of change.  If that's your argument,
however, I'd like to know understand how this is going to be worth
doing for someone else when Dyn already has the sunk investment in
infrastructure.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
a...@anvilwalrusden.com