Isn't it possible to combine the two ideas of sitelocal. with pseudo-domains generated from ULA to give a usable solution?

e.g. fridge.<pseudo-ula-domain>.sitelocal.

Don't you then avoid the evilness of identifier overloading (my fridge versus your fridge) and potential problems with clashing TLD's? e.g. someone registering a bunch of <pseudo-ula-domain>. TLD records as their company brand for manual administration.

How else are homenet devices going to know not to bother the root servers with fridge.<pseudo-ula-domain>. NS queries given that TLD's are now basically a free for all?

Wouldn't it also potentially give a unique anchor point for storing DNSSEC zone signing with an implicit sitelocal. trust anchor?

regards,
RayH

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Synthesise a pseudo-TLD from the ULA prefix.

     Brian