In message <cc872d11.1a2ee%d.stu...@att.net>
Don Sturek writes:

> Hi Robert,
>
> One more point touched on in your note below:
> 1)  Ideally, it would be great if a single authorizatative device existed
> in the home providing DHCPv6 server services (if supported) and prefix
> delegation.
>
> One challenge in the description below is having multiple routers on
> multiple subnets, each possibly acting as a DHCPv6 server within their own
> subnet and also providing their own ULA prefix.
>
> We certainly don't want to further confuse address assignment in a setting
> where IT support does not exist.
>
> Don

We want things to "just work" witb no config.  Link local on each
subnet and a routing protocol works for any topology.  ULA just allows
summarization of subnets in the routing protocol, such that host
routes are not needed (though not a big deal if host routes are used
in a homenet).

This would "just work" when using link local or ULA.  How to subdivide
a GUA prefix among the subnets is another issue.

In principle, though I know of no proposals to do this yet, the set of
GUA that are available from one of more routers with a provider link
could be coordinated via the routing protocol (for example, using a
new OSPF Opaque LSA).

Curtis