On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Michael Richardson
<mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>wrote:

> That solves the routing problem.
> But, what about the naming problem? (whose DNS server do you use?)

NPT66 doesn't solve that either, right?

I believe the DNS problem needs to be solved using split DNS at the domain
level, because in the general case that you have more than one VPN there's
no other way to do it.

> Will this solution work if it's more than just your laptop?
> If the VPN terminates on a gateway device?

This is a multihoming problem which needs to be solved anyway, and I think
it can be solved using source/destination routing.

> (Or, for instance, what about the virtual machines that you might
> run on your laptop)

If the VMs are bridged, it's no different from the multihoming problem. If
they are not, then how are they going to get addresses?