On Oct 23, 2012, at 08:20 , Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:
> On 10/22/2012 08:35 PM, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
>>
>> Can you explain why this behaviour, combined with the "prefer matching
>> interface" rule in RFC 3484, is not sufficient? If not, then there is no
>> problem to solve here.
>
> Your ISP gives you 2001:xxxx:: via SLAAC. Your employer gives you 2000::,
> but also has 2001:yyyy::. You connect to a server on 2001:yyyy::. Your
> 3484 v6 stack picks 2001:xxxx for the source address. Hilarity ensues:

My IPv6 stack doesn't pick a 2001:xxxx:... address.  When the VPN client
connects, it inserts a more-specific host route to 2001:yyyy::/z via the VPN
pseudo-interface, so the IPv6 stack picks the interface address assigned by the
VPN access concentrator as the source address for application flows to the
2001:yyyy:/z network.

Hilarity does not ensue. Happy faces on the security team.

--
james woodyatt <j...@apple.com>
core os networking