Op 7 nov. 2012, om 23:33 heeft Ole Troan (otroan) het volgende geschreven:

> On 7 Nov 2012, at 14:50, "Teco Boot" <t...@inf-net.nl> wrote:
>
>> This should be in the homenet-arch, I think.
>>
>> It sounds so obvious to me, that I described this in a short text in BRDP:
>>  A Router should request a prefix for attached subnetworks, with
>>  DHCP-PD [RFC3633], where there is at that moment no on-link prefix
>>  for a selected Border Router.
>>
>> I could make the should a MUST.
>
> Disagree. Hierarchical or flat PD (with relays) don't work for multihomed
> sites, have problems with arbitrary topplogies etc.

I do not suggest hierarchical PD, nor flat PD with relays. Leaves open flat PD
without relay. Can you explain why this doesn't work?

My thoughts were driving me to a more manageable situation, where the CPE
router manages all delegated prefixes for that ISP. CPE router can be
multi-homed, then the task is for each ISP. HW for deterministic prefix
configuration can be implemented on CPE router, or somewhere on ISPs network.
For ULA, one router is to be elected as "homenet manager". Here, a more
distributed approach could make sense. Still I think management of such is
unneeded complex and adds unneeded HW requirements on all routers (need for
non-volatile memory, for deterministic behavior).

Related topic: IMHO non-CPE routers need a configuration for relaying DHCP
requests to the CPE routers. PD from CPE router doesn't add complexity.

Teco