Please, let's not OD on DHCP in this thread: while I was making a point
about DHCP, I was really making a more general point about robustness in
homenet, and how to judge various proposals, more than specifically
attacking recursive DHCP-PD as a concept.

Similarly, I think as another goal we have to accept easy debuggability as
a goal.  We need to know if a router is expected to function, and you
should be able to easily see if the router is functioning *and* if can talk
to its border routers and the rest of the Internet.  One of the things I
like about CeroWrt is that I can *always* talk to the router and from there
I have a chance to figure out if it is able to talk to the rest of the home
network, and the world (e.g. by seeing that I've got an IPv6 network
delegation).  Today, since we have to presume that you need a IPv4 address,
this implies running a DHCP server on each router: in the long run, it's
less than clear to me that this is desirable.  But one way or the other,
I've got to be able to connect and talk to the router to be able to debug
it, preferably from both upstream and downstream directions.  The CeroWrt
router I'm debugging doesn't "fate share" with other routers to the point
that you have no place to stand initially.

So I'd expand my list of how to judge proposals to the configuration
distribution problem to be:
    1) robustness
    2) hotplug
    3) debuggability