On 22/02/13 12:30, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2013, at 11:31 PM, Lorenzo Colitti <lore...@google.com>
> wrote:

> I think the issue that Michael imagines NPTv6 will address is the
> transition period, when the washing machine has two IP addresses, and
> the DNS may not have the new address, or may have both addresses, and
> he's hoping the gateway will somehow bandage this up.   However, the
> gateway's ability to bandage this up is more imagined than real, and
> we might as well just fix the underlying problem.

The current development release of dnsmasq can act as an authoritative
DNS server populated with all hosts on a homenet which it knows about
from DHCP. Delegate your domain to it, and ensure  that the TTL
configured for DNS is smaller than the deprecated lifetime of addresses,
and this problem should never arise.