On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 05:40:44AM -0700, Michael Thomas wrote:

> The assertion that it is "common".

Ok.  Instead of getting into a fight about an empirical matter best
resolved by doing a study of human behaviour (a capability that is
mostly probably outside our collective expertise), can we just say
that SD is used by some significant number of people in some cases,
and that it is useful?

> There is no inevitability to the status
> quo, and we shouldn't proceed from that assumption. We should get
> on with the job of defining requirements for the long run.

Is there something about service discovery that you think we should
not be doing?  It sure seems to me like it is a friendlier answer than
manual configuration.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
a...@anvilwalrusden.com