Dave Taht <dave.taht <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I don't know where the ietf 86 bird work on multihoming went. (?)
> Patterson's original work on ospf is here:
>
> https://github.com/paterben/bird-homenet
>
> and the ietf drafts are here
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/

Patterson's work is mostly of historic interest.

[1] https://github.com/fingon/hnet has 'super-repository' which
has custom NetKit version, OpenWRT AA github link and everything
else to get it running on a Linux desktop for playing with
(with OpenWRT UML images running in a NetKit lab).

[2] https://github.com/fingon/hnet-openwrt-feed contains just
OWRT package feed for the stuff.

[3] https://github.com/fingon/hnet-core contains most of the new code.

I know it for a fact that people have gotten it running using any
of those approaches ([1] contains [2] and [3], and [2] refers to
[3]). Still, just for playing, [1] is probably the easiest
choice (given correct Linux distro, just following the README
should be enough).

Yet another implementation of interest might be:

https://github.com/edderick/quagga_zOSPF/

[1]/[2] versions do not interoperate with it (but they interoperate with
Arkko one); latest [3] version interoperates with it, but not Arkko..)

Cheers,

-Markus

P.S. [1] and [2] contain 'most recent tested' version, which as
of now, is the post-IETF86-bugfixes one; bleeding edge
development happens in [3] and it's sub-branch(es), but [1] and
[2] refer just to stable points of [3].