> > If you're actually doing source-specific routing, please show me how
> > you speak to the kernel.

> Most of that code is in Lua, and while I could have included
> C extension module that did similar things as ip -6 does, I didn't
> bother.

We're doing pretty the same in our prototype code (saying
system("ip...") rather than speaking the netlink dialect of the day).
Could you point us at the relevant code, please?

> So I'm just using ip -6 {route,rule} to set up source-specific rules
> that map to destination tables.

Ah, okay.  So you're using rules, just as we found out (the hard way)
that we need to do.

  http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg235316.html
  http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg235346.html

> One (destination-based) routing table is maintained by routing
> protocol, and the rest by Lua code which figures external defaults
> based on routes within routing protocol implementation.

Nice hack.

-- Juliusz