On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek <
j...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:

> >> create blackholes; IS-IS will collapse during reconvergence;
>
> > Collapse?
>
> Okay.  I'll reformulate that.
>
> I am not aware of any results in the open litterature that describe the
> behaviour of single-area IS-IS during reconvergence.
>
> I am not aware of any results in the open litterature that describe the
> performance of IS-IS's reliable flooding, and hence its convergence speed,
> over the 802.11 MAC in the presence of marginal links.

​Note that it is exactly collapse that ​
​worries me most (having seen it first hand, in the most extreme possible
way, in the 802.11s mesh we used at OLPC).​  In that case, there was (maybe
still is) an N squared algorithmic issue in a "dense mesh", so scaling the
network up failed entirely at dismayingly few number of nodes.
                                                  - Jim