On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, Ole Troan wrote:

Frankly, I don't know how to solve this without a lot of complication.

why do you think this has to be solved at L2?

I don't that's why I wrote the next paragraph outlining L3 solutions.

We need clients to be able to change IPv6 addresses without losing existing
connections. SHIM6 anyone? MP-TCP? Asking IEEE to make 802.11 keep two
connections at once and inform the application that one address is going away
soon so it can do its thing to try to handle this?

at least you can do:
L3 - route injection (got a routing protocol there already, use it)

This sounds like it needs at least a coordination protocol between the APs?

L3.5 - SHIM6. not deployable
L4/L5 - MP-TCP
L5/L7  - MOSH

I would prefer the last two. I use MOSH all the time, it's great.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se