On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, Toerless Eckert wrote:

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 02:57:21PM +0100, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
L3 - route injection (got a routing protocol there already, use it)

This sounds like it needs at least a coordination protocol between the APs?

NO, just between the first-hop (homenet) routers. Should work with unchanged
of the shelf crap-APs as long as they're attached to a homenet router.

Could someone please explain to me how this is supposed to work? How do the first-hop routers figure out where the client is? Do we do /128 route injection into the homenet for active IPv6 addresses in that /64, and announce the same /64 everywhere, and then we use proxy-nd for all off-L2 active IPs? I guess we need to handle IPv4 as well, so we use proxy-arp for that?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se