On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Alexandru Petrescu
<alexandru.petre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Err, no.  It's an A-B-C situation where each (even B) has 1 interface,
> and all are in an IBSS.  This is the situation described in that draft.
>
>>> Are there 1-interface routers in homenet?
>>

>> In an 802.11 IBSS, I would assume yes.
>

> Well IBSS is not made to have 1-interface routers on them, so this
> (1-interface routers) is not really good to do, in my personal oppinion.
>
> IBSS is made to have 1-interface Hosts on it, not routers.

one of the typical use-cases of IBSS mode was to connect larger amount
of routers for a mesh network.

> Remark this is my IMHO and a number of other people disagree with this.
>
> I know.
>
> I just tell that you can build a very good ad-hoc network without an AP
> and with 2-interface routers.  At that point there is no hidden-terminal
> problem.

Unfortunately this is wrong.

The number of interfaces is totally irrelevant to the hidden station
problem. The only question is if you have one wireless radio interface
(among many on a router) connecting to two other routers (with maybe
many more interfaces) that cannot hear each other on this interface.

It can even happen on AP/client networks if you use them to connect
multiple routers. There is no guarantee that the clients can see each
other.

Henning Rogge