On 14/07/2015 10:26, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2015 12:28, "Juliusz Chroboczek" <j...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr>
> wrote:
>
>>   - I'm setting the A flag even for prefix lengths different from /64,
>>     which is a reasonable thing to do according to my reading of RFC 7421.
>
> What's the point of sending A=1 with a prefix length that's not 64?

Heh heh. That's part of why we wrote RFC7421.

Architecturally, A=1 and prefix length =N is perfectly fine, if and only
if all SLAAC-capable nodes on the link know how to generate an IID
of length 128-N.

In the real world this only works for N=64 today. afaik, there is no way
to negotiate a different value. IMHO it would have to be pre-configured
in every node on the link, but architecturally Juliusz is correct.

     Brian