On Jul 25, 2015, at 8:56 PM, Hemant Singh (shemant) <shem...@cisco.com> wrote:
> One comment that ISIS does not need an IP address to work is not very
> important for IPv6.   An IPv6 node creates its link-local address and thus
> has an IPv6 address, by default.  The link local address can be used in by
> any routing protocol.  A global IPv6 address can also be auto-configured for
> the IPv6 node using SLAAC.

Thanks, but the working group is not confused as to whether IS-IS could be made
to work.   We understand that it could be made to work.   One active
participant in the working group has an open source implementation.   It works.
  It lacks a feature we want, but that feature could be added.   However,
adding that feature would be a new research project, which would require a
substantial game of catch-up.   That is why there is a controversy about this
in the working group.   Otherwise I would be wholeheartedly supporting IS-IS—I
fought against the consideration of Babel back when it first came up, on the
grounds that we already had good candidates, and have no personal stake in its
winning other than that I now think it would get us across the finish line
faster, if we were allowed to use it.