On 26/07/2015 16:10, Ted Lemon wrote:
Based on the experience with the DT, it’s clear that some of the points that
are made in the homenet architecture document were not sufficiently clear.
However, all of these points have been discussed by the working group over the
past four years, and the lack of clarity in the document is not the result of a
lack of clarity on the part of the working group; indeed, probably just the
opposite.

Ted - thanks.

Some will recall that some things were intentionally left out of RFC 7368 precisely because being more specific would have prejudiced any future protocol selection.

That's why RFC 7368 was silent on the specifics of whether we use routing metrics (and thereby implicitly favouring link state over distance vector or vice versa) but just says that the system should be able to cope with links of varying qualities. The document is generally more interested in the end results, rather than the means.

As Terry announced, the DT will now produce an I-D that will seek to document the current working group consensus on our routing requirements so that an informed decision can be made.

Please, let's work on *constructive* feedback towards that goal, and in the meantime make good progress on our remaining working group items.

thanks,

Ray