> Op 12 aug. 2015, om 12:27 heeft Juliusz Chroboczek
> <j...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> I still think the Homenet WG should pay far more attention to seamless
>> WiFi handover,
>
> We're currently working on that with the WLAN-SI guys.  They've got
> a nationwide mesh network (it's a small country, granted, and they use the
> public Internet infrastructure whenever possible), and while they're not
> interested in roaming at a global scale, they insist on seamless roaming
> within a small cluster of routers (home or village sized), and they insist
> on no host changes and good support for Android hosts.

Great!

> We'll write to this list when we know what works.

Boring. I'm interested in what doesn't work :-)

While I pay for it, I never use the millions of WiFi access points I can use
here in the Netherlands. I tried it once, walking in a small city. At the time
the handover was completed, the connectivity was gone. It might have to do with
IEEE and IETF mismatch. Same SSID shall have same IP subnet (IEEE) versus each
link has its own subnet (some of IETF, no formal statement...).

Teco