On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<j...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> > Either use the pool or use one from an SNTP DHCP option an edge router
>> > received from an ISP and published in HNCP.
>
> Ah, silly me.  Yes, of course, we're already publishing DHCP(v6) options.
>
>> RFC 7084 recommends support for NTP option. If NTP is supported, the
>> router is required to request the DHCPv6 option and use that, if it gets
>> a response.
>
> Ok.  That means that we don't want any NTP peering within the Homenet, right?

There has been some good work starting up around ntp of late. I personally would
rather like it if accurate time could be provided if an accurate
device (gps) was
found, and ntp was secured, and sane, and local when possible.

there are two good mailing lists for getting opinions about where ntp
should go and/or is going
are - time-nuts and gpsd-devel

and this was very good news on this front:

http://www.informationweek.com/cloud/infrastructure-as-a-service/linux-foundation-funds-ntps-father-time/d/d-id/1321775

> -- Juliusz

Dave Täht
worldwide bufferbloat report:
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/bufferbloat
And:
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast