> BTW - this reminded me that I also noticed that after rebooting a
> router, another ULA prefix (*not* the one configured in OpenWrt on
> either router) also showed up and links were numbered using it, but it
> vanished again after a while. No idea where it came from. To be
> investigated! :-)

See Section 6.5 of hncp-08:

      An HNCP router SHOULD create a ULA prefix if there is no other IPv6
      prefix with a preferred time greater than 0 in the network.
      It MAY also do so, if there are other delegated IPv6 prefixes, but
      none of which is locally generated (i.e., without any Prefix
      Policy TLV) and has a preferred time greater than 0.  However, it
      MUST NOT do so otherwise.  In case multiple locally generated ULA
      prefixes are present, only the one published by the node with the
      highest node identifier is kept among those with a preferred time
      greater than 0 - if there is any.

If memory serves, by default the OpenWRT implementation will create a ULA
even if there are GUA prefixes.  If you reboot a router, the election of
the ULA might in principle cause transient ULAs to appear.

None of this is implemented in shncpd, by the way.

-- Juliusz