On Fri, 27 Nov 2015, Ray Hunter (v6ops) wrote:

How would you "move a /64 around"?

Well, the same way you would move a /128 around I guess.

I'm presume cooperating routers would have to maintain a translation table of MAC address to /64 prefix per host wireless interface.

What's the practical difference with moving a /64 (which still requires routing changes AFAICS) compared to moving a /128 host route?

None, apart from that a host seldom has a single /128 but instead several /128:s. The biggest upside is that you don't need to do DAD handling between participating wifi routers (since the host is alone in the /64, there is no need to do inter-router DAD).

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se