Hi,

On 4 Nov 2016, at 08:34, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
<jordi.pa...@consulintel.es<mailto:jordi.pa...@consulintel.es>> wrote:

Exactly. Same as we have regulations like UL, FCC, EC, etc., the same
certifications must care about a minimum set of security, upgradeability, etc.,
features.

So the extra cost for the vendors is almost cero if we are talking about the
same certifications entities, just new test added to the actual sets.

If you don’t comply the certification, your products will not be accepted in
customs from a very high number of countries, so you will be somehow forced to
follow them.

The question here, is homenet the right venue for creating those minimum
requirements?

Perhaps contribute to draft-moore-iot-security-bcp-00?

See https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moore-iot-security-bcp-00

This was submitted at the Seoul deadline.  Authors copied.

Tim

Regards,
Jordi