Keeping just the relevant parts, sorry the attribution has gotten lost:

> So, would it be reasonable for devices that are not sure of the time,
> to report that fact, and their view of what the time is to the user
> for acceptance?

The above proposes an HNCP TLV to communicate a fault from a particular
device.

My impression is that the rest of the thread is about an HNCP TLV that would
contain software versions for each device that participates.

Tim wrote:
    > That works for me as it at least gives something to base a commercial
    > contract on that has the strength of independent standards.  Tim

But, I didn't understand which part he was referring to.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-