> In the current implementation, a single daemon per registration zone.

Right.  Either it could be elected by HNCP, or the daemons could run an
election among themselves.

> The client will query for a SRV at _nsreg._tcp.<zone> to find the
> daemon, which can be anywhere, in principle (the daemon will only speak
> TCP and limits initial registration to a list of configured subnets; I'm
> currently running mine on a separate server rather than on my router).

Makes sense.  The list of prefixes could be configured by HNCP.

> For the multi-homed homenet case, I suppose each uplink could have a
> separate zone?

Don't know.  I suppose so.

> I punted somewhat on how to discover the zone; the client will currently
> take it as a command line parameter. But figure that can be distributed
> via DHCP/RA?

Or put it in DNS under dot-home?  Since the client already knows how to
speak DNS, this avoids yet another coupling between protocols.

> In principle, there's nothing preventing the daemon state from being
> replicated across the homenet routers, I suppose...

I think it's more complicated and more fragile than having an election.
I'm not too keen on adding another flooding protocol to the Homenet stack.

-- Juliusz