Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <t...@toke.dk> writes:

> Ted Lemon <mel...@fugue.com> writes:
>
>> On Apr 17, 2017, at 3:16 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <t...@toke.dk> wrote:
>>
>>  Hmm, turns out RFC6763 already defines a way to do this (in section 11).
>>  r._dns-sd._udp.<domain>. where <domain> is either the in-addr.arpa zone
>>  derived from the network address of a host address, or "local.". I guess
>>  I'll teach the nsregc client to resolve that...
>>
>> Cool!   Sorry I didn't mention it earlier—haven't had a chance to try
>> the code yet.
>
> No worries. I added auto-discovery to the client, and improved
> configuration for both client and server (and the client will now run
> without any configuration with sensible defaults). The server also
> supports synthesising reverse PTR records now.
>
> Only thing missing now for my own use case is the ability to add local
> records to Unbound (for having a separate internal view while keeping
> private addresses out of the global DNS).

I've added the missing Unbound support, and also wrote a blog post about
nsregd, and how to use ohybridproxy to enable DNS-SD on a routed network
using OpenWrt:

https://blog.tohojo.dk/2017/06/naming-and-service-discovery-on-a-routed-ipv6-network.html

I'm happy to present some of this in Prague if you think that would be
useful :)

-Toke