In practice, you just change the device's name in its web ui. Then it's
starts advertising the new name, and the old name stops working. If you
have enough of a model of this to change the name, you also know enough to
select the printer under it's new name. Of course it would be nice if we
could have it publish some kind of announcement about the name change.