Markus, I tried to be really clear about what I was communicating on the
slide about implementations, but probably failed.  I am not saying your
implementation is bad.  I'm saying that it's sufficiently difficult for *me* to
modify that it's a barrier to forward progress.   The point of saying that
was not to insult your implementation, but to point out a problem that is
holding me back from making progress on this work.

One obvious solution to the problem is for us to collaborate on improving
the situation, which is something I'd like to see happen.   But I know that
this would be a hobby project for you right now, and you probably don't
have time.   That's what I was lamenting.