Or at least thats how it is in the southeast US.

I love how in spite of how the education system treated me I stuck to my guns
with the Horn and practiced. My band director didn't give a flying flip about
me practicing. Marching band (for 5 years) would ruin my chops each semester,
and I always felt that I was going through musical prostitution having to do
it.

When you can work hard despite adversity is when you know what hard work is
and what it means.

That is also when you know its worth it :)

-William

PS: I wonder if the first name of the guy who invented the the Mellophone was
"Adolf". That would make three Adolfs the world could have lived happily
without.