Hans,

Thank you for the clarification about your use of "(Yamaha)" - I did not
understand what you meant.

Thursday, November 28 is the USA national holiday of Thanksgiving - a
harvest feast, and day to give thanks for the good things in our lives. For
me, 'playing the horn, and the people on the hornlist' are part of those
'good things'.

Best Wishes to All,
Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA
--------------------------
Prof.Hans Pizka writes:

If you check my message, you find that I wrote (Yamaha) in brackets to remind the readers about your assumption, that it was Yamahas philosophy (perhaps). .......

"J. Kosta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
Just to clarify...  the email I sent to Hans Pizka was marked as a PRIVATE
EMAIL, and was not posted to the list.

Also, I DID NOT write the quoted section below - I certainly believe that
reliable and high quality parts CAN be made in the USA.
My comment to Hans was that perhaps the Yamaha quality-control people in
Japan CHOOSE to use parts that are made in Japan so they are sure of the
quality of those parts.

I agree with Hans that it is more likely that there are  economic reasons
for having part manufacturing done at a single location (Japan), and that
quality-control (of USA parts) might not be the primary reason.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA
---------------------
At 08:55 PM 11/24/2002 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Jay had some arguments about "parts being not so reliable if produced in
the USA instead of Japan" (Yamaha). Jay, you have no practical ideas. It
were mere nonsense & wrong investment policy by Yamaha, to have two sets of
tools or mandrels for every part for every model, just to produce parts in
Japan & in the USA or in Europe (a third set perhaps). And the amortisation
of these tools works only, if these machines run & run & run, not running
one day to produce the necessary parts for a full month & stand still the
other four working days.

Prof.Hans Pizka
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] tel.: +49 89 903 9548 - www.pizka.de  (horn site) with connections to
www.pizka.de/Pizka-music.html  (publications) - www.pizka.de/PizClasHr.htm (instruments, mouthpieces)