Hi Hoss,

thanks,

The bell and tail are apparently the correct specification for the Holton
model in question and were ordered  from Holton. (Even though the metal
thickness is completely different from the original)

Would this difference in thickness make that much difference to individual
notes?

Where the tail is attached to the instrument, the joint is not as clean as I
would have expected - it's as though there is a slight kink in the circle.

The repairman who had done the job is very experienced and well respected -
I'm in a fairly difficult position between him and my friend!

Thanks again,

Lawrence