Hello horn list,
I am a high school horn player and I currently go to a
private school that does not have a band or any sort
of music group that I could play in.  I have recently
debated transfering to the public school system in my
town--which has one of the best music programs in the
country. I would really like the oppurtunity to play
in school, but I do play a lot outside of school (in
two youth orchestras, All State, etc.) I would like to
major in music and hopefully go pro. So here is my
question--Do you think it is worth transfering schools
in order to be in a better music program even though I
have a fair amount of experience outside of school?
Do colleges want to see that I was in a school band if
I want to major in music? I would aprecciate any
opinions or suggestions!
Thanks!
Kelly