From: Hans Pizka [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 01 April, 2003 14:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Hornlist] what happen

What happen on the list except a bit lamenting about high dorm prices
(indeed a heavy burden for many participants !) ? Are all watching TV
News as a new experience ? Normally, nobody watches news. I see both
sides & the critical between. Car bomb at checkpoint killed 11 soldiers,
destroyed 3 armoured personal carrier & disabled two tanks besides 3
Apache being shot down today (international news from Baghdad), air born
unit had to be evacuated by helicopters, leaving all equipment behind;
other 19 being killed in one day; be buried according to their rites by
Iraquis.

I know, I hit your nerves, but truth is truth & I am a pacifist. That is
also the reason, that I will not come to Bloomington, even I miss my
friends very much. Well, admitted, the circumstances are one reason. The
other reason is an low horn audition scheduled for June 5th, where I
have to be leader of the jury, - and I could not return in time except
departing from Bloomington on 4 rth to arrive on 5th early morning &
perhaps falling asleep while in the jury. Would not give a good example
for my much younger colleagues, right.

But the audition was scheduled after I made my decision. Sorry. Has
nothing to do with my many friends in the HIS. Again, I am sorry, but
the decision had been made by (Air)"force major".

If I could hate (my life philosophy forbids that), I would hate WAR
indeed, any kind of war. If we have to express aggression, we can do it
wonderful, just using our horns. How better than in a Wagnerian all horn
orchestra. No other gang or band would be able to stop this hurricane,
tornado, blizzard, tsunami, typhoon of horn noise. This would intimidate
our enemies. Enemies: do horn player have enemies ? They just have
enemies all around: conductor, manager, composer, critic, colleagues
....... All these so called enemies do not deserve that we horn players
unite (as so often incomplete) & "play-blow" them away or into pieces,
as we do it for fun, for our fun.

Prof.Hans Pizka, Pf.1136
D-85541 Kirchheim - Germany
Fax: 49 89 903-9414 Phone: 903-9548