Wrong, Russ. "a2" with 3rd or open on Bb-horn is flat in principle, just
enough. Adjust your 1st & 2nd slide very well, care that it does not
shift by accident during a performance, and be in heaven with a superb
"a2".  The high "c3" - try it with 2nd & 3rd on the F-side (YES). The
"b2-natural" must work on the Bb-horn all the time, IF the slide is
pulled correctly.

Question about LEAKING valves. Why do the valves leak ? After very few
years ? If you "over" oil them constantly to prevent wear ???

No wonder, if players feed themselves before playing, during the
intermissions WITHOUT cleaning their mouth & teeth properly BEFORE
bringing up the horn to the lips again !!! Pack a tooth cleaning pack
into your horn case. This will prevent valve wear in most cases. It is
more important than oiling the horn every week.

I use a horn made 1978. The valves are tight as they were on the first
day: absolutely tight but super fast & noiseless. And the slides are
still blank. And the horn is clean inside even I spill it just every two
months.

But I have seen horns in the hands of solo players of top five
orchestras. Full of oil AROUND the valve section, even "spider webs"
between the tubes (it looked like but was just an agglomerate of dust
particles glued together by the excess oil). WORLD TOP PLAYERS. Nothing
to say more.

Just one word: DISCIPLINE.