What does ruin the valves more: dirt particles or not enough oiling ?

Simple: if there is NO oil-water-film at all, valves might stuck or not
(titanium or bronze valves do not stuck !). If you water them or oil
them again, they will move again. If you try to turn them very hard
instead, you might ruin them. But remember, the valve action cannot be
compared to a simple engines spinning, where even just a little amount
of oil is necessary to preserve the spindle from wear. LITTLE AMOUNT OF
OIL.

BUT: foreign particles as aggressive dust, food particles, acidic
particles, all combined, contribute a lot to valve damage. The
tolerances between valve casing & rotor are minimal, but still, some
particles might be squeezed in between. Then the valves come slow in
action.

Understood now ? I don’t think so, as too many do not want to
understand. But it is very funny for me to observe, that as soon as I
touch the

"change your attitude, change your habit" topic,

all come with many arguments of EXCUSE. Yes, these are mostly arguments
of EXCUSE for ones own failure. Is it so difficult to accept it, if one
points to the right point on you, to your weak point ???

I once had a colleague, who had difficulties with the c#2 (2nd space
from top, whatever horn he blew. And I showed him, that the c#2 was
there on all these horns. He simply NEVER adjusted the slides as they
should be. But when he did not sound well with the c#2, he had this
common excuse: "Sorry, the c#2 does not speak very well on this horn."

These kind of excuses are not acceptable as they are just used to
camouflage the players failure, his or her inability or unwillingness to
change a certain attitude.

Yesterday we played Puccini´s "Manon Lescaut", this wonderful lyric &
dramatic master piece, and my young colleague wondered after the
performance, "why do you sometimes play the written forte as forte &
sometimes just as a mere solo piano" ? I answered to him, that one has
to listen to the other voices in the orchestra, understand the
importance of ones own part or its accompanying character plus listen to
the singers, to adapt the dynamic level as well as the emphasis on the
notes. He has never got to play these many little show or song or parade
pieces for horn & piano. His teacher (very well known) never worked on
such (silly, in his opinion)  pieces to develop the right feeling for
taste, nor has his teacher told him to get some information about the
stories of the most popular operas. My colleague got this message now &
will try to acquire the missing things now.

This was only to illustrate what I said above. He also became upset when
I first told him about things I miss with his musical education, but he
has understood now the difference between my playing & his playing, and
he must match with me, otherwise a further cooperation would become
difficult.