I would assume the timbre trill would be much like
those in Berio's Requies.  I would suggest playing the
high G# on th B horn trilling between 2 and 2-3.  The
difference in fingerings will give a change in sound
on the same note.  As for that solo, good luck.  I
would personally talk to the composer (or conductor if
you cant get to the composer), you can only help
him/her by explaining that it is not ideal for the
horn.  Hope this helps
Stuart