Our chamber orchestra will be performing a collection of movements that were
commissioned by our orchestra which are meant to "embody" the diversity of our
community and showcase local composer/arrangers.  One composer is asking for a "timbre
trill" at one point in his composition.  This is a rip up to a g sharp with trill
written over it.  Parenthetically he has placed a g sharp beside it.  Can someone
advise me as to exactly how this should be played?

In addition, another movement has a very slow (eighth note = 63) horn solo over the
string section.  It begins with a low g sharp below the staff and meanders its way up
melodically, in a five bar stretch, up to a high C sharp above the staff.  I'm
panicking!!!!!  Any (kind) advise regarding this? (Other than shoot the composer)  Is
this a reasonable request?  The composer is an organist I understand and I think
played trumpet at some time in his musical career.

Thanks,
Michael