At 07:04 AM 10/2/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

So count forwards 21 hours. Now you know the date there. It's almost tomorrow already in Japan.

Sigh. You really have to proof read your own stuff if you don't want to appear stupid. I plead early-morning-brain-dead syndrome.

Correction:

"So count forward 16 hours."

Did any of you wonder why the numbers didn't add up to 24 hours? For California (on DST) count backward 8 hours or forward 16. The math does work.

I also neglected to include another useful US government site:

http://www.time.gov

This site gives you US and territories time to a fraction of a second.
Your tax dollars at work again.
You must have Java enabled in your browser to get dynamic time display.
There is free software available that will sync your computer clock to the US Naval Observatory if you care about such accuracy.

Enjoy

John Burch
West burbs of Chicago

The surest sign that intelligent life exists in the universe
is that it has never tried to contact us.
                                           Calvin of Calvin & Hobbes