Begin forwarded message:
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:23:04 AM America/Chicago
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] horn tone colour metal mpcs kranz bore etc
Or an 861 or 867 for that matter- even a good 667.  I see no problem in experimenting with equipment but when it affects your practice time stop!  Nascar or Formula 1 would be pretty damn boring if every racer didn't have a trick up his sleeve to make his car faster.  Recently I switched to a geyer wrap horn after being a tugboat player for my entire life.  If I didn't experiment I probably never would have known how easy horn playing is again because I was really struggling on the Kruspe wrap.  I didn't have any finesse and my sole goal was loud obnoxious playing- the reason being, I couldn't play soft no matter how hard or less I put into the horn.  It's kind of like financial freedom in a way- you just don't know until you get there, but if you never get there you're screwed!

Enough metaphors for today,

Hoss

_______________________________________________ post: [EMAIL PROTECTED] set your options at http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/archive%40jab.org