Herbert Foster wrote:
> A well written article. I do find fault with discouraging kids with large lips.
As do I.

Another point from the article I disagree with:
> “Some people think the French horn is one of the hardest instruments to play, so
> we’ll need a couple of our top students to play horn in our band.”

Telling beginning students that "some instruments (horn, oboe, bassoon)
are harder" is not a way to plan for success. Why give a beginner an
excuse for messing up?

I don't know how many time someone has said to me, "Oh! You play the
French horn? That's supposed to be really hard!" To which I say, "it's
the only instrument I play well; every time I've tried the flute or
saxophone it was *really* hard!"

Greg