Listers - as it is now after Thanksgiving I have started the christmas music, and over
the years I have collected all sorts of brass collections, including Dallas Brass,
several "studio" groups and almost all the Canadian Brass stuff. Just yesterday I was
listening to the Galliard Brass album and noticed that Steve Mumford was the hornist.
I know he is on these lists, and I wanted to publicly state "I say thee yeay, Steven"
- [after President Bartlett from "the west wing"] this is a traditional carol album,
and the playing is uniformly musical and tasteful, with of course and especially
gorgeous horn sound. I got mine from the bmg classical cd club, but I would check the
specialty retailers as well. Belated kudos Steven, for a wonderful job.
paxmaha

p.s. If anyone has a copy of the Canadian Brass Christmas cd's, the ones with them all
in sweaters around a christmas tree, and the one with them adoring a small tree on a
table with a purplish background, please contact me, as mine have disappeared during
the divorce and I miss them terribly. I can reciprocate with anything from my library
that you may want. thanks.