----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Mini-balls do not apply even torque (Proof included)

> Schmid doesn't need marketing. That's solid physics for you and I can
prove
> it. Now a mechanical linkage or string produces torque on the valve.
Torque is
> the following equation:
>
> T = F * r * sin (theta)

Maybe it's the Jack Daniels talking, but why the hell do I need even torque
and mathematical proofs to play a different note than the one I'm currently
playing?  All I need is fast, reliable valve action.  Uniformity of torque
is trumped by the I want my valves open or closed.  To do that, I put my
fingers up or down -- quickly, and hopefully at the correct time.  The only
difference I detect on a regular basis is the maintenance regimen.  I have
to oil my minibal linkages, I don't have to oil strings.  I'd have to
inspect strings for signs of impending breakage, but not so with the
minibals.  Finally, Professor GmS would probably attest that my Kopprasch #1
is equally as inadequate with both.

John Baumgart