From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 6:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Hornlist] Konzertstuck descant

Now that I think of it, I heard Beethoven 7th done by an orchestra
where
both players used single hi f descants. I suppose they played very well
but
the only note you could actually hear was G# where the horn finally got
long
enough (2-3) to have some ring to it. Otherwise it was mostly swallowed
up in
the trumpet sound. It made the trumpets sound unusually bright as well
since
there wasn't the horn sound ringing an octave below them.
-Steve Mumford
set your options at
http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/hans.pizka%40t-online.de