Bob, these high sophisticated model makers, I spoke of, have superb
copying devices & can make super exact copies of tools, parts, pieces,
mandrels, - just using laser measurement. Well, I did not say anything
about costs ......

What kind of a product they have to copy is not relevant for them.
Mouthpiece is nothing different to a special tool. Barrel metal being
brought to a certain outside form & hollowed out at both ends, according
to given measurement. Thatīs it. Nothing different.

It is another thing to DEVELOP a new mouthpiece, but copying .... whatīs
so difficult with , today .... old myths aside, forget them ....  with
todays laser measurement tools, transferring it to a CAD program & again
transferring it to a CNC (there are mini CNC machines) ..... no problems
except the costs.

These products have nothing to do with music industry, just fine
mechanic. My mouthpieces are also produced by a fine mechanic, not by a
mouthpiece maker.

Happy Holidays to you , Bob, and to Your family & to Your team.

Hans