In addition to the orchestral literature already mentioned, I like Beethoven's "Egmont" Overture, just about any of the Rossini Overtures, especially "La Gazza Ladra," and Beethoven's "Eroica" Symphony (No. 3). One of the orchestras I played in for a while that had some weak links here and there, but some really strong wind players, handled all of the aforementioned works just fine. Some of the Copland orchestral works also might be worth considering, since the wind and brass sections sound capable.

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/plus&ST=1