Hans, I heard somewhere that this piece was originally a sonata for piano and
horn  accompaniment and not a sonata for horn and piano accompaniment. Is
that true?

Also I think Birdalone music has another transcription of the piece in E, and
it's fairly clean. The only problem is the piano music doesn't have the horn
part.

I've played the piece before. It's very beautiful, and in E it shines quite
nicely. In F and in Eb it doesn't seem to have the same effect.

-William