Jeremy,

I am unaware that this is (or ever was) available on CD. I have a copy of a
BASF LP recording of Baumann with the Violinist Stoika Milanova (don't
recall the pianist off the top of my head - possibly Malcolm Frager, but
I'll try to check). I can post details when I am able to consult my copy of
the LP.

Is anyone else aware of another incarnation of this recording or another
that Baumann was involved with? FWIW, of the two dozen or more recordings
of this piece that I have recently perused as I was wending my way slowly
through letter B in my record collection, this is definitely in the top
echelon and worth seeking out.

Regards,

Peter Hirsch

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<message: 13
<date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:53:17 +0000
<from: "Jeremy Ristow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<subject: [Hornlist] Baumann and Brahms
<
<I was recently told about a recording of Hermann Baumann playing the
Brahms
<horn trio. I've never seen or heard of this recording until now and was
<wondering if anyone knew any details about its existence (label, catalog
#,
<etc.). Thanks very much.
<
<Jeremy