Prof. I. M. G wrote

>From The Voice of Reason:

Orchestra releases CD with 11 silent tracks

The real Sound of Silence

The New Barton Silent Symphony Orchestra has released a CD containing 11
tracks of complete silence.

The tracks include a silent version of the classic Beastie Boys song Fight
For Your Right To Party, the delicious Meditation On An Apple Pie, and the
critically ignored Porn On Fast Forward.

*********

Of course, a CD recording of this kind will not
capture the fidelity, accuracy, and ambience of
a vinyl recording.  I still cherish my old LP
(by Prof. IMG himself, I believe) of the
Music Minus One recording of the Bach Cello
Suites in the Wendell Hoss transcription.
(With all the repeats.  Unbelievable!)
Not in the MMO catalogue any more, alas,
but well worth the premium price you may
pay if you can locate one on line or at a used
record store.

gotta go,
Cabbage