The Titl Serenade (in the version for horn, flute and piano) is available through the Neil A. Kjos Music Company, item #D3001. I ordered it about a year ago and don't remember the exact price, but do remember that it was inexpensive. It is a nice piece, and fairly easy to put together, ensemble-wise. Kjos also has a trasncription of a Schumann song, "Voice of Love" for the same ensemble that is a decent arrrangement and also inexpensive, item #D3000.
Jennie

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Horn List)
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Duets for french horn and viola
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:58:40 -0500

In a message dated 2/6/2004 3:08:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Emil Anton Titl (1809-82), Kapellmeister at the Burgtheater in Vienna
> (stage band). He probably composed the Serenade for the later blind horn
> player & singer Louis Sawart (Savart) in Vienna. The Serenade is best
> known in the version for horn, flute & piano. There is a very first
> recording on smaller size shellack from the time of the first World War
> or shortly before with Bruno Hoyer (horn), student of Franz Strauss &
> Gustav Kaleve (flute), whom I got known when he celebrated his 90th
> anniversary in the late 1960ies & we played one of his pieces in a
> Mattinee at the splendid baroque-roccoco theatre in Munich, built by
> Cuvelliers 1733, the theatre of the world premiere of Mozarts first
> greater opera "Idomeneo, Re di Crete" (with a very nice
> horn solo in the
> famous aria).

Thank you for the information about the Titl Serenade. I've made a copy to be kept with the music. Every time I bring it out, the other musicians want to make copies. It's like a little jewel. Is it still in print?

When I first got my Paxman 42, I used it to get familiar with the full range of the F alto side. After running it several times, I learned to make the F alto horn sound like a French horn.
set your options at http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/jennie_ficks%40hotmail.com

Optimize your Internet experience to the max with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/