Hello Michael,

I think I heard somewhere that Richard Solis of the Cleveland Orchestra had such
problems, as well...at least while performing as Principal.

Your book title is intriguing....in what way do you relate stage fright to the
unconscious?  Sounds like you believe that stage fright may be explained in terms of
depth psychology?  Are you a psychologist?

Thanks, Fred

"Michael I. Goode" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Hans,

Thank you for your interesting comments about stage fright. Horowitz had stage fright
for 35 years then resumed playing. Arnold Jacobs told me of a performer in the New
York Philharmonic that had played wonderfully for 25 years then all of a sudden
couldn't play. Hundreds of great performers constantly suffer with stage fright and
are calling me all the time.

I don't have any stage fright-yet I wrote this book. Bud Herseth, Will Scarlett,
Richard Cox, MD, Don Greene, PhD, Patrick Sheridan, are some of the names in music
that like and recommend this book. Dale Clevenger also has this book.

Maybe the book will help you understand stage fright for any students you may teach as
you don't seem to suffer from the problem yourself.

Mike Goode
www.trumpetworkspress.com

set your options at
http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/fbaucom%40sbcglobal.net